“Don’t put your life in the hands of experts who know nothing of “Instead, get help from the God of Jacob, put your hope in God and know real blessing!” Psalm 146:5
1. Give something away (no strings attached).
2. Do a kindness (and forget it).
3. Spend time with the aged (experience is priceless).
4. Look intently into the face of a baby (and marvelz0.
5. Laugh often (it is life’s lubricant).
6. Give thanks (a thousand times a day is not enough).
7. Pray (or you will lose the way).
8. Work (with vim and vigor).
9. Plan as though you will live forever (you will).
10. Live as though you will die tomorrow (because you will die on some tomorrow).
What would you add to this list? I would add: Pat yourself on your shoulder when you do something kind to yourself. Some people have a hard time accepting a compliment. To these people I say, “Just say thank you.”
Everyone deserves to hear something kind about themselves to drown out the negativity that runs through our brains.
Some people do not like attention–even on their birthday. These people need to remember that the day they were born was the day God gave them life and who we to ignore such s gift.
Thank you, Lord, for the gift of knowing we are special. Amen.