“When good people run things, everyone is glad, but when the ruler is bad, everyone groans.” Proverbs 29:2
1) Hope for America is in the people, not in the President. He or she is not God.
2) God birthed the U.S. and blessed it to be a great nation.
3) America’s greatness is what dwells in the heart of the people.
4) We need to respect the leadership–the office–if not the person elected.
5) We must pray for the character of our new leader.
Pastor James reminded us everyone needs to vote tomorrow because God charged us to “love your neighbor.” If one prospers, all prosper because God will bestow blessings on all. Also, he said voting is an act of stewardship. We don’t just vote for our own needs, but for those who have no voice or vote, such as the informed, handicapped, children, and the unborn child.
God must be weeping for the people in the U.S. who have become so emotionally wrapped up in politics that they have lowered their standards and become hateful and mean spirited.
One last word, vote! Even if you feel neither of the candidates are worthy of the office. God is not finished with them yet.
Dear God, forgive us for allowing politics to get under our skin and into our hearts. Amen.