“Watch this: God’s eye is on those who respect him, the ones who are looking for his love. He’s ready to come to their rescue in bad times; in lean times he keeps body and soul together.’ Psalm 33:18-19.
I have a small box of cards on my desk with 36 affirmations for mental, physical, and spiritual wellness. On any given day, I will pick a card and see how I can relate to it. Today’s card says, “I respect myself for being me.” And, it goes on to explain, “Most people are too hard on themselves, limiting their ability to support their own dreams and schemes. You have done and been through a lot. Respect yourself for who you are right now. Don’t wait.”
So here is my list of showing respect for myself:
1. I am God’s child and God doesn’t make junk.
2. I am loved by family, friends, and my dog, Daisy.
3. I have purpose in my life–one being writing inspiration material.
4. I take care of my body to stay healthy.
5. I have compassion and respect for others.
6. I feel empathy and want to help others in need.
7. I am responsible for my financial well-being.
8. I make good choices, because I have above-average common sense.
9. I have everything I need and give away what I don’t use.
10. I see every day as a new day–opportunities to show love and respect for life.
Lord, we know we can only respect ourselves when we show respect for you. Amen.